Center for Urogynecology at WHA, one of northeast Indiana’s most advanced urogynecology practices, provides clinically advanced care to women who suffer from problems related to their bladder and other pelvic organs. Dr Craig Hanson is the only physician in NE Indiana double board certified in OB-GYN and Urogynecology.
Our advanced team of specialty trained and certified physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and medical assistants provide you with latest diagnostic and therapeutic options tailored to your needs. We specialize in a wide range of urogynecologic conditions including:
- Urinary Incontinence
- Fecal Incontinence
- Overactive Bladder
- Interstitial Cystitis and Bladder Pain Syndromes
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Vesicovaginal / Rectovaginal Fistula
- Recurrent Urinary Infections
- Abnormalities of the Urethra
- Vaginal Mesh Exposure or Erosion
- Failed Corrective Surgeries
We provide the most innovative surgical and non-surgical treatment options for urogynecologic conditions including minimally invasive and adjustable sling procedures as well as robotic surgery for prolapse. In addition, we coordinate pelvic floor physical therapy for a variety of conditions including pelvic floor dysfunction.
Our physicians provide you with diagnostic and therapeutic options tailored to your needs. After consulting with one of our physicians, you will be able to make an informed decision regarding your care plan.
Your basic evaluation may include:
- A thorough history and physical exam
- Laboratory studies
Depending on your symptoms, your exam may also include studies such as:
- Pelvic imaging with ultrasound, CT scan or MRI
- Anorectal manometry or ultrasound
Upon review of the results of your evaluation we may recommend treatment options that include:
- Bladder training
- Electrical stimulation
- Medication to control bladder spasm
- Medication for urinary tract infection
- Bulk forming agents
- Surgery for prolapse and/or urinary incontinence
Learn More about Urogynecology
- Incontinence Facts
- Incontinence Types and Risk Factors
- Incontinence Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Urogynecologic Patient Tools
- Urinary Incontinence Quiz
To schedule an appointment, call Women’s Health Advantage at (260) 432-4400.
Dr. Hanson is double board certified in OB-GYN and Urogynecology. He is a member of the Indiana State Medical Association, the Ohio State Medical Association, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, Fort Wayne Medical Society and the American Urogynecologic Society.
Rachael is a certified family nurse practitioner with a special interest in women’s health. She specializes in pelvic floor therapy for the conditions listed above and offer comprehensive conservative care for women with pelvic floor dysfunction.
Rachael is a member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, the Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses of Indiana and the Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates.