In light of the emerging COVID-19 situation and in order to help protect our patients as well as our healthcare workers and employees at Women's Health Advantage, we have some general recommendations for our patients to consider. Please understand the following is recommended to help reduce risk for everyone:
1. Annual exams/routine visits: Consider rescheduling your annual exam if you have no problems, regardless of age. If you are age 60 or older, you are at higher risk if exposed to COVID-19 and therefore we strongly recommend that you reschedule your routine visit if you are not experiencing any problems.
2. All patients: As we are trying to comply with general recommendations within the community to attempt social distancing, we ask that you come to any appointments by yourself. Please do not bring children or other family members or friends. We understand that this might be problematic for some, but feel this is the safest option for our patients and employees.
3. Pregnant patients: If you are able to come to your routine appointments alone, you may keep your scheduled appointment. However, if you are unable to come alone and you are not experiencing any problems, we recommend rescheduling in the near future when you are able to make appropriate arrangements so you are able to attend alone.
4. Work excuse notes: According to ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists), currently available data on COVID-19 does not indicate that pregnant women are at increased risk. Pregnant women should follow the same recommendations from the Indiana Department of Health and the CDC as for the general community. We are unable to write a work excuse letter simply due to being pregnant without having any of the normal medical indications that allow us to excuse a patient from work.
5. Future updates: As we work closely with the hospitals, there will likely be new recommendations regarding elective surgeries, inductions of labor, and procedures in the upcoming days. Please check your email and our website, Facebook or Instagram pages regularly for updates. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.