Our primary goal and focus at Women’s Health Advantage is to promote the overall well being of women. One way we do this is through clinical research of specific health issues related to women. Women’s Health Advantage takes part in clinical trials that are on the cutting edge of medical evolution and advancement.
A clinical trial is a study where your participation as a patient is needed to test the effectiveness of new drugs, devices and innovative methods of treatment. After treatment and testing, these products may be approved for general use. Women’s Health Advantage takes part in Phase II – III – IV clinical trials.
Our extensive electronic medical records system allows us to easily determine your eligibility for participation in any given trial. We welcome women of all races, ethnic and economic groups.
Our ethical research is conducted in a timely manner, by a specially dedicated team of physicians and support personnel who maintain Standard Operating Procedures that follow Good Clinical Practices guidelines.
Why Should I Participate?
By participating in a clinical trial, you make a very valuable contribution to medical progress and advancement. Plus, you play a role in influencing the future cost and availability of drugs for all our patients.
Our patients and medical staff gain firsthand knowledge of promising new drugs and medical devices. It also allows us access to otherwise unobtainable medications for our patients.
|Matthew Sprunger, M.D., FACOG||Beth Berghoff, RN|
Our Principal Investigator (PI) is Matthew Sprunger, M.D., FACOG, a specialist at Women’s Health Advantage for more than 24 years. He is Board Certified by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Beth Berghoff, RN, is our full time study coordinator. Our research department staff is specifically trained in clinical research, GCP and IATA. Our office uses a central IRP (Institutional Review Board) to oversee all studies.
- Dedicated research personnel and offices
- Dedicated office space for clinical monitors
- 5 satellite facilities with comfortable amenities for trial participants
- Easy access to primary office with immediate proximity to I-69 and I-469 interstate exits
- On site centrifuge, ECG, and -20° freezer
- Fully accredited lab
- 23 certified physicians, eleven nurse practitioners, one certified nurse midwife
- Breast Cancer Observational Studies
- Contraceptive Device Study 2007
- Adnexal Mass Observational Study 2009
- Metabolomics Collection and Diagnostics Study 2010
- OAB (Over Active Bladder) Device Study 2010